Superhydrophobic + Oleophobic Ultra-thin Coating
Wood Shield is a non-toxic, water-based superhydrophobic/oleophobic ultra-thin coating solution for natural wood surfaces. This eco-friendly coating provides an invisible shield against water and oil creating a stain resistant surface. DryWired Wood Shield, unlike other protective wood products, does not change the appearance, feel, or breathability of the surface. Allowing the wood to maintain breathability permits moisture to evaporate from the wood, preventing the wood from rotting. Wood Shield eliminates the need for chemical wood cleaners by demonstrating self-cleaning properties with the use of only water. Wood Shield has a variety of applications including: wood structures, construction lumber, indoor/outdoor furniture and fencing.
- Stain resistant
- UV stable
- Does not alter appearance
- Invisible to the human eye (coating thickness: 100-150 nm)
- Maintains natural feel of the substrate
- Forms covalent bond to the surface
- Extremely durable
Where to use
What is Wood Shield?
- Wood Shield is a non-toxic, eco-friendly, water-based protective coating solution for natural wood surfaces that is hydrophobic and oleophobic. It is completely invisible.
How is Wood Shield applied?
- Wood Shield can be applied onto a clean, dry wood surface by means of spray application.
- The substrate surface should be completely wet by spray application.
What surfaces can Wood Shield be applied to?
- Wood Shield can be applied to Sandalwood, Birch, Cedar, Oak, Redwood, Wicker, Straw, and Bamboo.
How does Wood Shield work?
- Wood Shield provides an invisible shield against water and oil, creating a stain-resistant surface.
- It allows the wood to maintain breathability but permits moisture to evaporate from the wood, preventing the wood from rotting.
- Wood Shield also eliminates the need for chemical wood cleaners by demonstrating self-cleaning properties with the use of only water.
What is the coverage rate of Wood Shield?
- 70-300 mL per m2 (range depends on absorbency of material).
What kinds of conditions can Wood Shield endure?
- Wood Shield is UV-stable.
What is the shelf-life of Wood Shield?
- Wood Shield has a 2-year unopened shelf-life when stored at a temperature between 3ºC to 30ºC