Textile Shield is a revolutionary non-toxic super-hydrophobic and oleophobic Durable Water Repellent finish (DWR). Textile Shield is breathable, bio-compatible, completely inert and water-based. In laboratory testing, our textile coating achieved 150+ degree super-hydrophobic contact angles on natural and synthetic textiles. In addition, Textile Shield is resistant to harsh detergents and demonstrates excellent self-cleaning properties with continuous performance over 30 washes. Textile Shield is only 100-150 nm in thick (approximately 800 times thinner than a human hair). Textile Shield can be applied to fabrics such as: Cotton, Canvas, Suede/Leather Corduroy, Flannel, Poplin, Sailcloth, Sateen, Terry Cloth, Wool, Linen, Fleece or to synthetic textiles such as: Nylon, Polyester, Microfiber, Acetate, Acrylic, Rayon, Poly blends, Olefin, Polypropylene, Spandex, and many more.
For performance testing, we use the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) Method 22-2010 – Water Repellency Spray Test. On cotton fabric, Textile Shield received a perfect initial score of 100 (indicating no wetting or sticking) and 85 after 30 washes.
- Blocks stains
- Easy-to-clean effect
- Protection of fibers from the infiltration of dirt
- Invisible to the human eye
- Simple spray application (trigger sprayer included)
- Washing and cleaning agent resistance
- Lasts up to 30 washes
- Temperature resistant
What is Textile Shield?
- Textile Shield is a water-based and non-toxic superhydrophobic nanocoating that is breathable, biocompatible, completely-inert and food safe.
- It has been laboratory-tested to achieve 150 degree superhydrophobic contact angles on natural and synthetic textiles and is only 100-150 nm thick.
How is Textile Shield applied?
- Textile Shield can be applied onto a natural and synthetic textile by means of a transparent spray or dip coating.
- Prior to application of Textile Shield, the textile must be dry and completely free of all contaminants including detergents and fabric softeners.
What surfaces can Textile Shield be applied to?
- Textile Shield can be applied to cotton, suede, canvas, corduroy, flannel, wool, silk, linen, and polyester.
How does Textile Shield work?
- When applied to a textile surface, Textile Shield will cure and completely adhere to the surface after 24 hours.
- At this point, it will make the surface completely hydrophobic and resistant to dirt and other contaminants.
What is the coverage rate of Textile Shield?
- 30-400 mL per m2 (range depends on the absorbency of the material)
What kinds of conditions can Textile Shield endure?
- Textile Shield is washing and cleaning agent resistant and is able to last up to 30 washes. It is also resistant to temperature change.
What is the shelf-life of Textile Shield?
- Textile Shield has a 2-year unopened shelf-life when stored between 3ºC and 30ºC
Without Crosslinker – Less durability
With Crosslinker – Increases durability, but decreases oleophobicity (not a fluorinated product)
Water-based & Solvent-free
Does not alter appearance
125 nanometers thick = more than 800 times thinner than a human hair
Reduce Wash Cycles
Water contact angles exceed 150º with roll-off angle hysteresis is less than 10º
Reduces odor emitted from moist surfaces
Does not trap odor or moisture
Chemically inert & bio-compatible