Rust Protect is a direct-to-metal (DTM)/ direct-to-rust permanent primer that protects a wide variety of ferrous materials, including hard rust metal surfaces from continued deterioration. Rust Protect dries smooth, creating a strong bond between rusted metal surfaces and application-specific top coats.
No blasting/grinding needed
- Easy to use (brush,spray,roll)
- Lowers the cycle preventative maintenance
- Cost effective
- Extreme climate resistance (-80ºF- +500ºF)
- Ease of clean up
- Labor saving
- Uniquely flexible
Where to use
- Concrete encased metal
- Metal stairs and ramps
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Exhaust systems
- Corrugated metal roofs
- Steel structures
- Boilers & Furnaces
- Metal doors
- Pipe exteriors
- 1 Gallon: 340 sq. ft
- 5 Gallon: 1,700 sq. ft
Rust Protect has been tested to the following standards:
- ISO 12944
- ASTM B117-11
- ASTM D1654
- ASTM B117-D1654
- ASTM D3359
- ASTM D4060
- ASTM D4541
What is Rust Protect?
- Rust Protect is an odorless, low VOC dual-component direct-to-metal (DTM) coating that protects a wide variety of ferrous materials (including hard rust metal surfaces) from continued deterioration
- It is 25% cementitious yet forms strong bonds to nearly all metal surfaces
- Environmentally-friendly due to its use of recycled industrial material and extremely low VOC level
How is Rust Protect applied?
- Rust Protect can be applied onto a surface via spray or roller application
- No abrasive blasting or grinding is required prior to application – power washing and degreasing is adequate
What surfaces can Rust Protect be applied to?
- Rust Protect can be applied to concrete-encase metal, metal stairs and ramps, Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI), exhaust systems, corrugated metal roofs, Rebar, steel structures, boilers & furnaces, metal doors, pipe exteriors
- Rust Protect can also be applied to “live” surfaces that expand and contract due to internal pressure changes or external influences
How does Rust Protect work?
- Rust Protect dries smooth, creating a strong bond between rusted metal surfaces and application-specific top coats.
- Adhesion is maintained on surfaces with rust
- Rust Protect also provides a unique method to bond metal substrates to concrete
What kinds of conditions can Rust Protect endure?
- Rust Protect maintains flexibility, bending as much as 90 degrees without cracking or lifting when properly applied
- Extreme temperature resistance (-80 degrees Fahrenheit to +500 degrees Fahrenheit)
What is the shelf-life of Rust Protect?
- Indefinite (lasts forever)